SOLIDWORKS CAD Library
SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software provides libraries of prebuilt 3D CAD models and other CAD data that help accelerate the design process, save time and development costs, and increase productivity.
CAD Library Overview
SOLIDWORKS CAD library provides a place for every designer and engineer to easily access, locate, download, save, and share commonly reused CAD data.
The ability to share the information needed to make thousands of parts and components for your designs—from screws and bolts, to washers and bearings, and more—reduces redundancies, mistakes, and inconsistencies. It also eliminates duplication, and helps your company standardize its CAD data. Using SOLIDWORKS CAD, you can easily share components and CAD data with other designers companywide.
SOLIDWORKS provides the following CAD libraries and functionality:
- Over one million pre-built, standard machine components, such as screws, nuts, washers, and pins are included with SOLIDWORKS Toolbox
- Millions of 3D CAD models and other CAD data online directly from certified suppliers and other CAD users at 3D ContentCentral.com
- Libraries for sheet metal forming tools including ribs, flanges, lances, louvers, and embossed shapes
- Libraries for sheet metal punch tools, including tombstone, T-slot, star, triangles, D-cutouts, and many others
- Libraries for detailing drawings including annotations, symbols, and blocks
- Libraries of components for Routing of Electrical and Piping/Tubing Systems that include piping, tubing, electrical, conduit, and mounting hardware
- Smart Components and Smart Fasteners technology that provides automatic assembly of fasteners and component subassemblies
- Libraries of prebuilt features ready to add to your part models, including linear patterns, fluid power connection ports, keyways, retaining ring grooves and slots
- Library content management with SOLIDWORKS File Management