The Metal X
An Industrial Revolution
From the company that revolutionized 3D printing with composite carbon fiber, comes a breakthrough in metal. The Metal X greatly accelerates innovation, delivering metal parts overnight using a new technology at a fraction of the cost. Leave 20th century manufacturing in the dust and create anything from industrial replacement parts to injection molds to working prototypes.
- 303 & 17-4 Stainless Steel - 303 stainless steel is great for post processing in CNC milling and turning operations. 17-4 stainless steel combines high strength, corrosion resistance, and hardness, making it widely used in aerospace, medical and petroleum industries.
- 6061 & 7075 Aluminum - 6061 combines good machinability, strength, and weldability. 7075 Aluminum is one of the strongest aluminum alloys.
- A-2 & D-2 Tool Steel - A-2 tool steel is air-hardened with excellent impact resistance. The high carbon and chromium content of D-2 tool steel provides great hardness and abrasion resistance (but not as tough as A-2).
- IN Alloy (Inconel) 625 - Inconel's strength combined with its impressive heat resistance makes it ideal for heat and pressure shielding applications.
- Titanium Ti-6Al-4V - Bearing the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any metal, Titanium 6-4 is ideal for lightweight applications and has both high tensile strength and fatigue resistance.
Large Prints, High-Resolution
The build volume of the Metal X gives automotive, industrial, aerospace and other industries a new way to rapidly create key components, custom pieces and spare parts. With 50 micron resolution layer height, your parts will come out of the printer with precision details that further resolve after the sintering process.
Width 250 mm
The Metal X gives you breakthrough quality and precision in 3D printing. Scan your parts mid-print using our cloud-based Eiger software and a laser displacement sensor affixed to the print head. Ensure dimensional accuracy at the most critical tolerances at any point in your print.
1 micron Measurement Accuracy
Print As-Designed Parts with Known Precision and Tolerance
Define a tolerance specification in Eiger, our cloud based 3D printing software, and the Metal X will scan your part while it's printing to ensure that it always meets the spec. If an error is detected you will be alerted and can choose to cancel the print remotely, saving time and material.
|BUILD VOLUME |
250 mm x 220 mm x 200 mm
575 mm x 467 mm x 1432 mm
17-4 Stainless Steel
303 Stainless Steel
6061 Aluminum (Beta)
7075 Aluminum (Beta)
A-2 Tool Steel (Beta)
D-2 Tool Steel (Beta)
IN Alloy (Inconel) 625 (Beta)
Titanium Ti-6Al-4V (Beta)
50 micron beam diameter
1 micron Z resolution
Z LAYER RESOLUTION