Tech Alert: SOLIDWORKS 2017 Network License Error
Written by Dave Padelford, MCAD Application Engineer
It has come to our attention there are some time out issues with the 2017 Network Licenses. You try to open SOLIDWORKS or PDM and receive an error similar to this. This will also present itself in other ways that you are connecting to the license server. Like adding the connection port during install or viewing the License Usage on the client license manager.
This could be caused if your connection to the server has latency of longer than 100 milliseconds. To determine the response time to between your client and server follow these steps:
1. At a Windows command prompt, type the following command and then press Enter: ping snl_server_name
2. View the response time in the ping result. If the response time is greater than 100ms you will encounter one of the errors mentioned before.
To avoid these error on the workstations with SOLIDWORKS 2017 Network installations follow these steps:
1. Open the Registry Editor. Type regedit in the Windows Start search window.
2. Browse to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
3. Right-click on ‘Software’ then click ‘New’ > ‘Key’
4. Name the key ‘FLEXlm License Manager’. If the key already exists, step into the key.
5. Right-click on ‘FLEXlm License Manager’ > ‘New’ > ‘String Value’.
6. Name the value ‘FLEXLM_TIMEOUT’.
7. Double-click the ‘FLEXLM_TIMEOUT’ value and set the value data to ‘1000000’.
For your convenience click here to get a reg file to load this key for you.
Please contact your local SOLIDWORKS Reseller if you have questions.