SOLIDWORKS 2015 What's New
SOLIDWORKS 2015 solutions focus on the way you work every day, with an intuitive, integrated 3D design environment that covers all aspects of product development and helps maximize your design and engineering productivity. Over 2 million designers and engineers worldwide use SOLIDWORKS to bring designs to life—from the coolest gadgets to innovations for a better tomorrow. SOLIDWORKS 2015 adds new tools and capabilities to help inspire innovative design and grow your business.
Improve Everyday Productivity
SOLIDWORKS 2015 is packed with engineering and design performance boosts to help you get your work done faster and easier. The user experience puts your focus on design, not “CAD overhead” to get you the information you need, in record time.
New features accelerate your design process with reduced geometry creation steps.
- Sketch Endpoint Contextual Menu reduces number of picks and clicks, saving time and effort
- Fix/Pin Part lets you easily manipulate subsets of complex mechanisms
- Equally Spaced Patterns allow you to determine how to space patterns and keep spacing updated
- Center Mates provide faster positioning and locking of components
Optimize Your Work Process
Share project information across your global team with minimal effort. Easily manage product structures up front in the design process, and then quickly document designs for manufacturing and assembly. With access to information from everywhere, all stakeholders stay connected to quickly move product development forward.
Easily access social collaboration and online data management tools.
- Use the new 3DDashboard to easily aggregate data from any source to help you make design decisions faster
- Easily access eDrawings®, DraftSight®, and SOLIDWORKS CAD files
- Create private design communities to capture project requirements, concept ideas, design decisions, and critical feedback from colleagues, suppliers, and customers
- Share designs with customers or project managers
Reduce Operations Costs
SOLIDWORKS 2015 helps speed up your production, integrate design processes with downstream manufacturing, lower costs, and accelerate time-to-market.
Estimate costs across many manufacturing methods, including weldments, plastics, castings, and 3D printing.
- Estimate costs and the time required to generate 3D printed components
- Determine the cost for cast components, including any subsequent machining
- Review costs for plastic injection molded parts, including runner systems over the entire production run
- Determine costs for welded structures, including weldments, machining operations, and the welds added to the structure
Solve More Design Challenges
SOLIDWORKS 2015 delivers new technical capabilities that support a wide array of industries and markets. These tailored solutions help you overcome the industry-specific engineering and design challenges that your company faces on a daily basis.
Automatically flatten your 3D model to identify materials and manufacturing issues.
- Create more accurate layout profiles and reduce assembly fit issues
- Receive feedback on deformations needed relative to intended shapes
- Easily export profiles for production