Manufacturers of industrial machinery or heavy equipment face formidable challenges in today's competitive global market. Clients look for more complex equipment customized to specific needs, higher reliability, and compressed delivery time.
See how SOLIDWORKS product development solutions can help you quickly design complex assemblies and verify strength, durability, and performance to outpace your competitors by creating better machines at lower cost.
Critical Business Issues
- Modular machines which are upgradable to new technology and different purposes
- Increasing product complexity
- Increase in electronics content
- More customization
- Time and cost constraints
SOLIDWORKS Functionality Addresses CBIs
- SOLIDWORKS Design tools help ensure that the most complex of designs can be developed with the least amount of effort.
- SOLIDWORKS Assembly Modeling enables client to represent and interact with large scale assemblies in real time.
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation tools help engineers to ensure that a device’s behavior will be within design limits, reliable, and avoid thermal or stress-induced failures.
- PDM allows the design team to search and optionally reuse existing design documents as well as manage newly created documents and versions.
- SOLIDWORKS Composer and eDrawings allow design concepts to be easily shared with external vendors, suppliers, customers, and other non-CAD users.
- PhotoView 360 photo realistic images and SOLIDWORKS animations capabilities are used to quickly and reliably convey design concepts to clients and help ECS companies to win more business.
- SOLIDWORKS Weldments, Sheetmetal and Routing assists the design of specialty areas.
- Increase in orders for custom machines.
- Modular machines which can upgrade to newer technology or be re-purposed for different missions.
- Equipment leasing becoming a popular alternative to purchasing.
- Cyclical Industry
- Global Competition
- Fluctuations in raw material costs adds increased complexity to the bidding process.
- Tremendous pressure on cost reduction for product development as well as product operation.