Today’s marketplace for high tech electronics—from consumer electronics to power and control instruments—demands smaller, lighter weight products with increased functionality and advanced features.
SOLIDWORKS 3D product development solutions deliver the full range of modeling, simulation, and communication tools. Integrated, easy-to-use capabilities—including PCB packaging, housing design, thermal analysis, and ECAD integration—help electronic products manufacturers quickly develop highly sophisticated designs and deliver products with lower cost, higher reliability, and faster time to market.
Critical Business Issues
- Government Standards
- Design process management
- Demand for smaller, lighter products
- Time to market
- Global Competition
- Growing concern for sustainability / recyclability
- Product innovation
SOLIDWORKS Functionality Addresses CBIs
- PDM allows the design team to search and optionally reuse existing design documents as well as manage newly created documents and versions.
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation tools help engineers to ensure that a device’s behavior will be within design limits, reliable, and avoid thermal or stress-induced failures.
- SOLIDWORKS Composer and eDrawings allow design concepts to be easily shared with external vendors, suppliers, customers, and other non-CAD users.
- Surface and solid modeling tools enable designers to easily create ergonomic product designs.
- PhotoView 360 photo realistic images and SOLIDWORKS Animator animations are used to quickly and reliably convey design concepts.
- CircuitWorks provides the ability to bring electronics information into the mechanical design.
- Increased complexity
- Denser packaging
- Aggressive cooling
- Software replacing hardware
- Consumer – short product cycles and demand for aesthetically pleasing products